How to Measure
If you are unsure, don’t hesitate to contact us, we are only too please to help!
Measure the height you require from the ground and deduct about 50mm for clearance between the ground and the bottom of your gate.
SINGLE GATE FRAME WIDTH
For a single gate frame measure between the inside of your posts and deduct 25 mm to allow for hinges and clearance for opening and closing.
DOUBLE GATE FRAME WIDTH
For a double gate frame measure between the inside of your posts and deduct 40mm, then half this , this will give you the width of each gate frame.
FENCE PANEL WIDTH
For fence panel frames you measure between the inside of your posts with no deduction as these need to be a snug fit.
How Do Sliding Gates Work?
- Most Sliding gates will require a guide Roller, a gate keeper, gate stop, at least 2 wheels and ground tracks (see our accessory page)
- The Keeper is flared to help guide the gate back to correct alignment
- The Guide Roller keeps the gate firm to the post
- The Gate Stop stops the gate from falling off the end of the track
What about uneven or sloped surfaces?
instead of the roller and bracket guiding system, we can use a “C” Channel and a nylon block as a guiding system.
Using the nylon block and “C” channel method means that the gate must have a welded channel along the top of the sliding gate in order for the block to fit into and travel along the gate. The “C” channel is installed onto the post, holding the nylon block in position so that it is able to travel along the top of the gate.
1) DOUBLE GATE INWARD OPENING
2) DOUBLE GATE OUTWARD OPENING
3) SINGLE GATE LEFT HAND HINGE
4) SINGLE GATE RIGHT HAND HINGE
5) SINGLE GATE RIGHT HAND HINGE
6) SINGLE GATE LEFT HAND HINGE
Superior Gates can supply you new gate frame finished in various colours, Powder & Industrial Coatings by Dulux.
Superior Gates can deliver locally but we can also organise freight anywhere in Australia.